Memorial Mass–Prayer of the Faithful
1. Karen’s life gently and sweetly touched our lives. May her goodness and grace shine through us that we might love one another more deeply, we pray to the Lord.
2. For Karen’s devoted husband Tom, and their four precious children Katie, Christy, Tommy and Kelly, that they will find peace in their sorrow and that they continue their journey with the same faith, courage and determination that Karen exemplified, we pray to the Lord.
3. Karen’s mother’s grief for her youngest daughter is beyond all words. May she be gifted with comfort and peace in her deep sorrow. For Karen’s sisters and their families who tended her with such love and devotion throughout her life, we pray to the Lord.
4. Tom’s parents, sisters and relatives are grieving the loss of Karen. Help them to remember Karen’s gracious ways and loving smile, we pray to the Lord.
5. For Dr. Mannion and his caring staff at Cincinnati Hematology and Oncology, the tender care of the nurses at Christ Hospital, the comforting presence of the Hospice nurses, that they continue to be the compassionate hands of Jesus, we pray to the Lord.
6. For family and friends who supported Karen’s family during these difficult months—may they be blessed for their kindnesses, we pray to the Lord.
7. For all those who ministered to Karen and to her family during her illness, especially Father Dan who walked the journey with us, we pray to the Lord.
8. For the many people whose lives have been touched by Karen’s patience, faith, and courage, that her influence will continue to enrich their lives, we pray to the Lord.
9. For all those who have prayed for Karen and have supported Tom and the family throughout these difficult months, that they may be blessed and rewarded for their generosity and kindness, we pray to the Lord.
10. For all gathered here in celebration of a life beautifully lived, that Karen’s and her Dad’s stars twinkle together to light the night –to remind us that their love is forever surrounding us, we pray to the Lord.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.